Maria Laurette Friis (voc.), Fred Frith (guit.), Søren Kjærgaard (pno.), Paul Lovens (dr, perc.)Taking place in the atmospheric theatre Sorte Hest on Vesterbro, this evening will both feature essential works by John Cage, and take off from his ideas of sound into new sonic fields. The first set will present groundbreaking works by Cage, such as Imaginary Landscape No. IV for 12 shortwave radios, 4’33” – the silent piece and Four6, a 30 minute framework for four players exploring sound, or as the score suggests: “For any way of producing sounds”. The second set will feature a new piece by Kjærgaard for four cassette tape players and the ensemble. And finally, the musicians will close the evening with an open improvised piece, suggesting a forward motion from Cage’s work into new sonic fields.The event is arranged in collaboration between The Copenhagen Jazz Festival, SNYK and Wundergrund.
- Artist: Suddenly, Silence: An evening of John Cage – w. Søren Kjærgaard Ensemble feat. Fred Frith, Paul Lovens & Maria Laurette Friis ( (DK/US/AT))
- Date: Monday, July 9th 2012
- Time: 9:00pm
- City: Suddenly, Silence: An evening of John Cage – w. Søren Kjærgaard Ensemble feat. Fred Frith, Paul Lovens & Maria Laurette Friis ( (DK/US/AT)) in Copenhagen
- Venue: Teatret ved Sorte Hest
- Country: Denmark
- Add to Google Calendar | Download iCal